Port Seton Golf Club, Cockenzie, East Lothian. (1912 – 1938)
Golf is first recorded at Seton when Mary Queen of Scots played there in 1567.
Port Seton originally opened as an 18-hole course on the 6th July 1912. In 1918 the layout was reduced to 9-holes due to lack of patronage.
The nearest station was at Musselburgh; from there an electric car service was available, which ran past the course. Alternatively, there was a station at Seton Mains Halt (LNE), which was a 10 minute walk from the course. Sunday play was not allowed.
The club was reformed as an active non-course club in 1958